Early Learning Childcare Centre and Preschool
Giving your child a jump start
Hopscotch has adopted this policy to ensure that we handle personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act of 1993.
Hopscotch collects, holds, and uses personal information in the following areas:
– Family enrollment
– Ministry of Education requirements
– Work & Income subsidy claims
– Waikato District Health Board records
Purposes for collecting the information
Hopscotch will only collect personal information that we require directly from you. On enrollment of your child. We use it for the following purposes:
– To contact you directly regarding your enrollment, such as bookings, fees, outings, etc.
– To contact you directly regarding your child whilst he/she is at the centre;
– To follow up or pursue any queries you have made;
– To assist the dental nurse and vision hearing technician with updating their records and ensuring your child is checked regularly.
– To inform the Ministry of Health regarding outbreaks of infectious diseases;
– To complete compulsory statistical information for the Ministry of Education;
– To apply for early childhood education funding from the Ministry of Education.
– To assist with applications for childcare subsidies.
How we manage personal information
Hopscotch is dedicated to keeping personal information secure.
– All records are kept in the office where only the teachers have access.
– Hopscotch will not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal information to any third party without your specific consent.
– All employees at Hopscotch are required to sign a confidentiality agreement as part of their employment contract. It is specifically agreed that any breach of confidentiality will be deemed serious misconduct, which may result in summary dismissal.
Planning, assessments, and promotions
Your child’s photograph may appear in other children’s profiles, on the planning walls at Hopscotch or occasionally, in the newspaper. We request that you give permission on your child’s enrollment form for your child to be observed and recorded for the purposes of planning, curriculum development, individual profiles, staff training, publicity and promotional purposes pertaining to Hopscotch. Where it is deemed necessary for the purposes of privacy, children’s names will be changed. If you do not wish your child to be published in this way, please let use know on your enrollment form.