Early Learning Childcare Centre and Preschool
Giving your child a jump start
Hopscotch has adopted this policy to ensure that we handle personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020
Hopscotch collects, holds, and uses personal information in the following areas:
– Family enrolment;
– Ministry of Education requirements.
– Work & Income subsidy claims.
– Waikato District Health Board records.
Purposes for collecting the information
Hopscotch will only collect personal information that we require directly from you. We use it for the following purposes:
– To contact you directly regarding your enrolment, such as bookings, fees, outings etc.
– To contact you directly regarding your child whilst he/she is at the centre;
– To follow up or pursue any queries you have made;
– To assist the dental nurse and vision hearing technician with updating their records and ensuring your child is checked regularly.
– To inform the Ministry of Health regarding outbreaks of infectious diseases;
– To complete compulsory statistical information for the Ministry of Education;
– To apply for early childhood education funding from the Ministry of Education.
– To assist with applications for childcare subsidies.
How we manage personal information
Hopscotch is dedicated to keeping personal information secure.
– All records are kept in the staff room where only the teachers have access.
– Hopscotch will not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal information to any third party without your specific consent.
– All employees at Hopscotch are required to sign a confidentiality agreement as part of their employment contract. It is specifically agreed that any breach of confidentiality will be deemed serious misconduct, which may result in summary dismissal.
– If Hopscotch has a privacy breach that it believes has caused (or is likely to cause) serious harm, we are required to notify the Office of the Privacy Commissioner and affected individuals as soon as possible. Under the Act, it is an offence to fail to inform the Privacy Commissioner when there has been a notifiable privacy breach.
Planning, assessments, and promotions
Your child’s photograph may appear in other children’s Storypark profiles, on the planning walls at Hopscotch or, on occasion in the newspaper. We request that you give permission on your child’s enrolment form for your child to be observed and recorded for the purposes of planning, curriculum development, individual profiles, staff training, publicity and promotional purposes pertaining to Hopscotch. Where it is deemed necessary for the purposes of privacy, children’s names will be changed. If you do not wish your child to be published in this way, please let us know on your enrolment form.